Choosing a primary care provider for yourself or a family member is an important first step in managing your health. Your primary care provider knows you best and coordinates your care throughout the health care system.
Gateway to Partners HealthCare network
A primary care physician can be your gateway to all the benefits and expertise of the Partners HealthCare network, including the experts of North Shore Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital.
North Shore Physicians Group
The primary care physicians of the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care are part of North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the region’s largest multispecialty physician practice. These physicians are affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital and North Shore Medical Center. They are specialists in adult family medicine or in internal medicine, and many have additional expertise in women’s health, geriatrics, sports medicine and other specialties.
Patients needing specialty consultations or care are referred to medical or surgical specialists at NSMC Salem Hospital and NSMC Union Hospital, or in some cases to Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, or other experts within the Partners HealthCare network.
The benefits of receiving your primary care through the NSPG practice at the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care include:
- Urgent care and same-day sick appointments
- Sub-specialty care available in the same medical office, including sports medicine and nephrology
- Sub-specialty referrals, including endocrinology, pulmonology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology, rheumatology, and mental health care
- Referrals to Massachusetts General Hospital and North Shore Medical Center experts
- Shared medical appointments for specialized care for conditions
- Electronic medical records used by all Partners physicians and hospitals
- Online access through a secure, electronic portal to the practice. Patients can view test results, request appointments and referrals, and email physicians
- Patient-centered medical home model of care
- On-site laboratory and blood draw center
- Comprehensive imaging on-site including X-ray, CT scan, and MRI