The Gastroenterology (GI) Program at the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care is a collaboration between Massachusetts General Hospital and the North Shore Medical Center providing patients with expert GI care and leading-edge clinical trials close to home. Our specialty trained gastroenterologists diagnose and treat the full range of digestive and colorectal conditions.
World-class digestive health care at your doorstep
The gastroenterology program at the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care provides expert treatment and diagnostics for the full range of gastrointestinal conditions. We offer advanced endoscopic procedures such as colonoscopies and radiofrequency ablation, radiology and cancer care.
We provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for:
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Celiac disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal and colorectal cancer care in collaboration with the
Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center
- General gastroenterology
- Hepatology (liver disease)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) like Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis, including Remicade infusion
- Pancreatic and biliary disease
- Ulcer disease
Other services include:
- Access to genetic testing for patients who are at high risk for colorectal cancer
- Access to Mass General clinical trials
- Colorectal surgery
- Pre-transplant services
- Screening, diagnostic and interventional colonoscopy
- Upper and lower endoscopy with or without intervention
Allergic inflammatory disorders of the GI tract
The Mass General Gut-2-Health program is available to patients at the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care with allergic-inflammatory disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Through this program, our doctors are studying how diet, lifestyle and environment can impact digestive health. Gastrointestinal specialists head individualized care teams that include allergists/immunologists, radiologists, nutritionists, geneticists and pathologists, all working closely together to develop and monitor your treatment plan.
Advancing treatment through research
Patients have access to clinical trials of new treatments and therapies with the goal of exploring the causes of complex diseases, advancing science and improving patient care. Mass General offers one of New England’s largest clinical trial programs. Learn more about open clinical trials.