The Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center combines the talent and expertise of physicians from the North Shore Medical Center with those from Massachusetts General Hospital. Specialists work closely with patients and their primary care physicians to provide continuous care from screening to survivorship.
Our physicians and nursing teams are nationally recognized for their expertise and apply the latest advances in cancer care to screening and prevention, diagnosis, medical, radiation and surgical oncology treatment, and rehabilitation. Patients have access to an extensive array of clinical trials and personalized treatment regimens tailored to individual tumor mutations.
The benefits of being treated at the Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center include:
- Access to the latest medical treatments, radiation therapies and surgical techniques
- Genotyping of tumors to help identify mutations that may be treated with “smart drugs” targeted to specific cancer types
- Rapid results for fine-needle biopsies through our on-site pathology lab
- Multidisciplinary clinics where patients and their medical, radiation and surgical oncologists meet in a single appointment to plan all aspects of care
- 24 infusion bays for chemotherapy
- Three state-of-the-art linear accelerators for radiation therapy
- Frameless and full-body stereotactic radiosurgery to precisely target tumors
- Comprehensive imaging (X-ray, diagnostic mammogram, CT scan, MRI) available on site
- A dedicated blood lab and pharmacy for cancer patients
- Comprehensive support programs including wellness services, support groups and a resource room